THE QDAC - High Precision Voltage Generator
Ultra-stable high-resolution D/A converter (DAC)
The original and popular QDAC from QDevil is a high-precision low-noise computer-controlled voltage generator designed for DC and low-frequency control of high impedance devices, such as gates in quantum electronics and quantum computer qubits. It also comes in a “high-current” version which can source up to 10 mA, for example for flux biasing of superconducting qubits. In addition to precise and stable voltage output, the QDAC can measure output currents, for example, to detect leaking gates or shorted bonding wires. The QDAC originates from the laboratories of the Center for Quantum Devices at the University of Copenhagen, where it is used for quantum computing research. The QDAC has 24 channels and offers a cost-effective way of getting many high-quality D/A converter channels.
Ultra-low-noise & high-precision gate controller with built-in waveform generators
- 24 channels 20-bit low-noise, high-stability voltage sources.
- Voltage ranges ±10 V or ±1.1 V with nominal step sizes of 19 µV and 2.1 µV, respectively.
- Less than ±2 µV drift in 10 hours.
- The temperature coefficient is less than 3 µV/°C in 10V range.
- Current measurement up to 100 µA (10 V range) and 1 µA (1.1 V range), 24 bit resolution.
- All channels are updated synchronously every millisecond.
- 8 independent low-frequency function generators (sine/triangle/ramp/square) and one pulse generator.
- Arbitrary waveform generator (AWG) with up to 8-second-long waveforms.
- Waveforms can be routed to any number of outputs.
- Galvanically isolated digital outputs for external synchronization to the waveform generators.
- Galvanically isolated optocoupled USB/serial communication port.
- Friendly command set makes programming easy from any high-level language or from a terminal.
- Python library included, including support for QCoDeS.
If you would like to know more, please fill out this form: