QCage – MICROWAVE CAVITY SAMPLE HOLDER
FOR HIGH-FIDELITY QUBIT MEASUREMENTS
QCage is a sample holder system for microwave resonator-based quantum devices such as superconducting quantum processors.
The first released product QCage.24 features the chip suspended in an all-surrounding cavity with 24 coplanar transmission lines ending in bond pads to transmit control and read-out signals up to 18 GHz. By careful design and microwave simulation, we have ensured high-fidelity qubit operation by minimizing losses and decoherence. Our benchmarking data confirms both low-loss transmission and all resonances occurring above 18 GHz.
What are the highlights?
- Sample chip fully suspended in cavity to minimize losses and decoherence.
- Low loss PCB with 24 embedded coplanar transmission lines.
- Cavity and PCB optimized to ensure resonance free transmission up to 18 GHz.
- EMC tight superconducting shielding enclosure.
- Flux biasing magnet mounted inside the shielding with filtered feed-throughs.
QCage.24 has been in beta-test for several months at some of the world’s leading superconducting qubit labs. With their best-in-class chips, qubit performance has been demonstrated with Q factors well above 500,000 and qubit dephasing times in excess of 200 microseconds.
If you would like to know more, please fill out this form: